Tapai is a type of confectionery produced via the fermentation technique of carbohydrate meals as a substrate by yeast. This substrate is normally cassava or glutinous rice. Tapai glutinous rice or additionally referred to as tapai pulut, may be constituted of black glutinous rice or white glutinous rice.
Tapai constituted of white glutinous rice is normally combined with suji water to supply inexperienced glutinous tapai. Tapai black sticky rice is normally served with conventional snacks comparable to lemang and uli sticky rice or jadah sticky rice.
500 gr black glutinous rice
2 cups sizzling water
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 grains of yeast, puree
Sufficient banana leaves to wrap
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Wash the glutinous rice, soak in a single day. Drain the glutinous rice earlier than cooking the subsequent day. Steamed half cooked glutinous rice.
2. Flush with 2 cups of sizzling water when the steamed glutinous rice is steaming sizzling. Stir once more till clean. Proceed steaming till the glutinous rice is cooked.
3. As soon as cooked, flatten the rice in a tray, let it cool fully.
4. Place a banana leaf base in a big container. Add the glutinous rice, combine properly, then sprinkle with powdered yeast and powdered sugar, combine once more and add a layer of glutinous rice, sprinkle with yeast, and repeat till the rice is used up. Cowl the highest floor tightly with banana leaves. Cowl with a clear serviette on high as a canopy. Retailer in a heat place.
5. Tapai sticky rice can solely be opened after 3 days 2 nights to get good fermentation outcomes.