Cubit cake is a standard Betawi cake which is a well-liked snack in Jakarta. This cubit cake has a sexy form with a small dimension so it’s a lot preferred by youngsters and is often discovered bought in entrance of faculties. As the principle ingredient, kue cubit makes use of a mix of milk and wheat flour. It takes a particular mould fabricated from metal to make this pinch cake.
This cake known as kue cubit due to its tiny dimension, and to get pleasure from it, you need to “pinch” the cake first. It may be as a result of to take a ripe cake you want tongs, so it appears like pinching. This cubit cake has a relationship and is influenced by a typical Dutch cake, specifically “poffertjes” as a result of it has an identical form.
150 gr wheat flour
250 ml liquid milk
75 gr sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp margarine, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla
Meises, cheese, raisins, and others based on style
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Mix flour, vanilla, sugar and baking powder, then stir till evenly distributed.
2. Mix liquid milk and eggs, combine effectively. Pour within the flour combination at No.1 little by short time stirring.
3. When completed, pour melted margarine into it and stir once more, let stand about half-hour.
4. Put together a pinch cake mould, warmth it over medium warmth then unfold a little bit margarine.
5. Pour the dough into the mould, let stand a number of moments and shut the mould in order that the dough can develop completely till half cooked. Then sprinkle on high with sprinkles based on style.
7. Scale back the warmth, cowl once more and wait till the cake is cooked.