Krakan is likely one of the conventional truffles from Central Java and Yogyakarta. Krasikan has a form that’s virtually just like jenang or dodol, however the texture is coarser as a result of it’s constructed from roasted glutinous rice and grated coconut, the place the glutinous rice grains are nonetheless seen. In Sumatra, truffles just like krasi are named alupadeh, with an extra ingredient within the type of ginger powder.
300 gr sticky rice
1 tsp whiting water
1 coconut, grated
250 gr brown sugar
500 ml coconut milk from 1 coconut
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Soak the combination of glutinous rice and whiting water +/- 1 hour in sufficient water, wash and drain.
2. Roast glutinous rice till browned, take away, mash barely whereas nonetheless scorching, put aside.
3. Roast grated coconut till browned, take away, finely mash till oily, put aside.
4. Boil brown sugar with coconut milk till boiling, pressure, and let stand.
5. Cut back the warmth, add the glutinous rice and mashed coconut, combine properly till dry, take away from warmth.
6. Pour the dough right into a baking sheet lined with banana leaves/plastic, flatten and press to make it strong.
7. As soon as cool, minimize into squares or in line with style.