Banana cake is a standard cake from the island of Java. This banana cake is analogous with Nagasari cake when it comes to form and look and the usage of bananas.
The distinction is that the flour used to make the nagasari cake is rice flour and sago flour, whereas this banana cake makes use of hunkue flour.
Due to the similarities, there are sometimes errors in distinguishing between these banana desserts and nagasari desserts. Apart from bananas, the fruit that can be used to make desserts with this hunkue flour is jackfruit. By way of dimension, often Nagasari cake is thicker than this banana cake. This Nagasari cake is appropriate to be served as a candy cake for breaking the quick.
1 pack (+/- 125 gr) hunkue flour
8-10 pcs outdated kepok bananas, or 2 pcs horn bananas, steamed ripe
200 gr sugar
1250 ml coconut milk from 1.5 coconuts
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
Sufficient banana leaves to wrap
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Peel the bananas, minimize into slices +/- 1 cm, put aside.
2. Soften the hunkue flour with among the coconut milk, put aside.
3. Convey the remaining coconut milk, sugar, salt and vanilla to a boil. Enter the hunkue flour resolution, stir till thick and cooked.
4. Take a chunk of banana leaf, give 1 tablespoon of flour combination whereas it is sizzling, put 1 piece of banana, cowl with 1 tablespoon of dough.
5. Fold the leaf ahead and fold the 2 ends to the middle in order that the cake is wrapped and measures +/- 4 x 7 cm.
6. Let the cake cool and harden, trim and serve.