This conventional cake from the archipelago is known as the glass eye cake as a result of its form does resemble glasses when two items of this cake are introduced shut to one another. One other identify for this cake is eyeball cake. As well as, this glass eye cake can be identified by numerous names akin to “Kue Putri Noong” in West Java, and “Kue Moto Kebo” in Central Java, in addition to eye-wheel cake in numerous different areas.
500 gr cassava, grated
Ripe bananas or plantains, boiled
100 gr sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 younger coconut, grated
Cake coloring, purple and inexperienced (to style)
Coconut ointment to style
Banana leaves as wanted
Rope to tie
INGREDIENTS AND HOW TO MAKE COCONUT URAP:
1/3 coconut, grated coarsely, add 1/4 tsp salt then steam +/- 5 minutes to make it last more.
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Squeeze the grated cassava, discard the acinya, then combine with sugar, salt, vanilla, and grated coconut. Stir properly.
2. Divide the dough into 3 elements, 1 half is left plain with out coloring, the opposite 2 elements are every coloured purple and inexperienced.
3. Peel the bananas, then wrap with the combination till the bananas are fully coated.
5. Roll it with banana leaves like making lontong, tie each ends with rope. Do the identical factor till the dough runs out.
6. Steam for +/- 1 hour till cooked, cool. Take away and take away from banana leaves.
7. Reduce crosswise 2 cm thick. Sprinkle or roll on coconut ointment. Serve.