This distinctive cake is named cat tongue cake due to its form that resembles a cat’s tongue. Truly, the cat’s tongue cake is a cake originating from the Netherlands which was introduced into Indonesia together with the Dutch colonialization. This cake in Dutch is named “katte tong”.
Though it’s not a local Indonesian cake, the cat’s tongue cake is broadly identified and liked all through the archipelago. Cat tongue cake is likely one of the pastries that could be a particular dish within the festive season resembling Eid Al-Fitr, Christmas and Chinese language New 12 months that are only some days away. The cat’s tongue cake with its crunchy style will soften when it touches the tongue.
250 gr wheat flour
250 gr margarine
150 gr powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
5 egg whites crushed till stiff
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Preheat the oven to 160 levels Celsius. Grease a flat pan or a particular cat’s tongue pan with margarine, put aside.
2. Beat margarine with powdered sugar till comfortable, add vanilla powder and flour, combine properly.
3. Combine the dough with the egg whites which were crushed stiff, combine properly.
4. Put the dough right into a triangular clear plastic, lower off the sides a bit and spray the cake into the cake pan to style till the dough runs out.
5. Bake the cake till it’s browned and cooked for +/- quarter-hour, take away from warmth.
6. Cool and retailer in an hermetic jar.
For: 21 items