This rolled cassava cake is made as a variation and creation of getuk lindri which is a conventional cake typical of Central and East Java. At first look, this rolled cassava cake appears to be like like a rolled sponge cake.
500 gr cassava, finely grated
20 g of starch
100 gr sugar
50 ml coconut milk
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Combine cassava, starch, sugar, and coconut milk. For two elements, one half is coloured crimson, and the opposite half is left white.
2. Take an 18 cm sq. tin, grease it with oil and canopy it with plastic. Enter the white dough, skinny, then steam quarter-hour.
3. Put the crimson layer within the pan, on high of the white layer, steam till cooked.
4. Take away from pan with plastic mat. Roll whereas compacted. Tie each ends with twine. Chill.
5. Minimize into items in order that the cake layer is seen.
For: 18 items