Arem-arem is a conventional dish from Central Java made from rice full of greens or fried chili sauce wrapped in banana leaves resembling lemper.
The distinction is, within the manufacture of lemper, glutinous rice is used, whereas arem-arem solely makes use of abnormal rice. The scale of arem-arem is often made bigger than lemper.
Arem-arem can also be widespread instead snack for breakfast or lunch for the journey. Arem-arem with filling components within the type of tofu sauce could be an alternate and fascinating creation of arem-arem.
200 gr rice
600 ml coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bay leaf
MATERIAL CONTENTS :
200 gr tofu, reduce into small squares
50 gr carrots, reduce into squares
50 gr chickpeas, reduce into 1/2 cm
100 ml coconut milk from 1/2 coconut
1 bay leaf
1 cm galangal
1 tbsp oil for frying
4 purple onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 purple chilies
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Fill, saute floor spices, bay leaf, and galangal till aromatic. Add tofu, carrots and beans. Stir effectively.
2. Add coconut milk. Cook dinner till absorbed. Take away, cool.
3. Wash the rice. Put aside.
4. Boil the coconut milk, salt, and bay leaf whereas stirring till it boils. Add rice. Stir till the coconut milk is absorbed.
5. Take a leaf. Give a bit of rice aron. Add fill, oval form.
6. Wrap it like rice cake. Pin it with a stick. Steam 40 minutes till cooked.
For: 15 items