8 jam cake is among the conventional Indonesian desserts from the town of Palembang, South Sumatra. The 8-hour cake is a compulsory deal with for Eid al-Fitr in Palembang, which is often cooked historically utilizing firewood on the night time of Takbiran. Perhaps you’re additionally concerned about making an attempt it as a deal with for Eid this yr.
Along with Eid al-Fitr, it seems that this 8-hour cake can be rather a lot served at Chinese language New 12 months celebrations.
20 hen eggs
750 gr sugar
4 tbsp margarine, melted
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
HOW TO MAKE :
1. Beat eggs and sugar till properly blended and half fluffy.
2. Add sweetened condensed milk, liquid margarine, combine properly.
3. After the dough is properly blended, put the dough into an oblong tin measuring 20 x 20 cm, then cowl the highest of the pan with a heat-resistant material/serviette/plastic and tie across the pan with plastic rope, in order that the dough doesn’t spill out of the pan and to maintain in order that the dew within the pan is not going to fall into the dough.
4. Steamed in a pot for + 8 hours. To maintain the colour of the cake from altering, shut the lid tightly and add water to the pan each 1 hour.
5. After 8 hours, take away and funky the cake. As soon as cool, take away from the tin and able to serve.